ABBA

Saturday, February 25, 2006





ABBA's succes in Australia started in the summer of 1975 with the single I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do hitting the number 1 spot and staying there for 3 weeks. This was followed by Mamma Mia getting to number 1 and remaining there for 10 weeks. SOS was their last hit in 1975 and was a number 1 hit for a week.
In March 1976 ABBA paid a 10 day visit to Australia. Their current single was Fernando and that would become their biggest hit in Australia: number 1 for 14 weeks.
These pictures were taken during a pressconference at the Sydney Hilton Hotel. In the background a giant album sleeve of their current album of that time: The Best Of ABBA, released shortly before Christmas 1975. It would be a megaseller with 16 weeks in the topspot of the charts.
Why Agnetha showed her bare foot is unknown...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter