ABBA

Tuesday, May 30, 2006






In February 1979 ABBA traveled to Leysin in Switzerland to film a tv special.
ABBA was popular in Switzerland and all their thirteen singles so far had been Top 10 hits.
Among these thirteen hits were four number 1's: Waterloo (9 weeks), I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do (5 weeks), Mamma Mia (2 weeks) and Fernando (12 weeks).
Their current single was Chiquitita; this would become an added Top 10 hit ending at number 1 for 2 weeks.
These pics show ABBA as they arrived by plane in Geneva and by helicopter in Leysin on February 14th 1979.
The ABBA magazine (from 1979) reported extensively about the band in Switerland.
(ABBA magazine cover taken from Abba4therecord.com)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

Have you got that 79 magazine Ronaldo?? I love that coverpic! Never seen b4..

1:14 AM  
Blogger Ronaldo said...

Nope I don't have it myself no more sadly enough. I lost a lot of stuff through the years... messy me!

; -)

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter